May 17, 2018 8:55 am
Inglewood Grocery Outlet
2810 W. Imperial Highway
Grocery Outlet Bargain Market, the nation’s fastest-growing, extreme-value grocery retailer, is opening its 300th store in Inglewood, CA, creating 36 new jobs in the community. A huge grand opening celebration full of discounts, giveaways and special guest appearance by local celebrity, Maria Sansone is taking place on May 17.
Following the “Unlock Savings” grand opening ceremony at 8:55 a.m. on Thursday, May 17, a donation will be presented on behalf of Grocery Outlet to local nonprofit, One For All, at 11 a.m. In true Grocery Outlet fashion, the amount that shoppers saved on their grocery purchases during the store’s first hour of operation will determine the donation amount. The first 300 customers of the day will also receive Grocery Outlet Bargain Bucks gift cards in “mystery” amounts ranging from $5 to $300. All shoppers will receive a free reusable bag, while supplies last. Lastly, starting May 17 – July 2, 2018 customers may enter for a chance to win a Grand Prize of Free Groceries for One Year!
To celebrate the milestone 300th store opening, Grocery Outlet is giving customers the opportunity to win $3,000 worth of “Bargain Bucks,” frozen inside a life-size “300”-shaped ice sculpture display. The participant who guesses closest to the exact time the sculpture melts to fully unveil the Bargain Bucks will win the $3,000 Bargain Bucks.
Based in Emeryville, California, Grocery Outlet offers big savings on brand name products, with customers able to save 40 to 70 percent compared to conventional retailers. The fastest growing, extreme-value grocer in the U.S., Grocery Outlet now has 300 locations in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Washington. Grocery Outlet carries a full range of products. From fresh produce, meat, deli and dairy to a wide assortment of natural and organic choices. They also offer a large selection of beer and wine, health and beauty care, as well as seasonal items. A third-generation, family-led company founded in 1946, Grocery Outlet’s mission has always been to provide customers an exciting place to find WOW savings on name brands they trust. Grocery Outlet stores are run by independent owner-operators in the local community.
Patricia White and Neason Gill, the Inglewood store’s independent owner-operators, invite the community to attend the grand opening celebration on Thursday, May 17, beginning at 8:55 a.m.
Emmy Award-winning television host, Maria Sansone, spent the last several years co-hosting LA’s popular morning news show, “Good Day LA” on FOX 11 alongside Steve Edwards. At FOX11 Los Angeles, Maria anchored 20 hours of LIVE television per week transitioning seamlessly from interviewing Hollywood’s big stars to covering breaking news. Previously, Maria worked at WNBC 4 New York, co-hosted TV Guide Network’s Live Red Carpet, guest hosted a variety of shows including “Live with Regis & Kelly,” “Anderson Cooper Live,” “EXTRA,” and more.
“Unlock Savings” Grand Opening Celebration
Thursday, May 17, 8:55 a.m.
– First 300 customers will receive Grocery Outlet Bargain Bucks gift cards ranging from $5 to $300. All shoppers will receive a free reusable bag, while supplies last.
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
– Special guest appearance by local celebrity, Maria Sansone.
9:15 a.m. to 10 p.m.
– Enter for a chance to win Free Groceries for 1 year! Starting May 17 – July 2, 2018 customers may enter for a chance to win a Grand Prize of Free Groceries for 1 Year! ($100 per month for one year, a $1,200 value). The Grand Prize drawing will take place at the end of the day on Thursday, July 2 at the Inglewood Grocery Outlet. (Must be 18 years of age or older. One entry per person, per day. No purchase necessary. Winner need not be present to win but must claim the prize within three days of notification or another winner will be chosen. No cash value and no substitutions.)
– Customers may enter for a chance to win $3,000 worth of “Bargain Bucks” by correctly guessing the time at which a “300”-shaped ice sculpture will melt to fully unveil the Bargain Bucks frozen inside.
One For All, local nonprofit Donation Presentation
Thursday, May 17, 11 a.m.
– Donation amount is determined by the amount of savings that customers generate during the store’s first hour of operation.