Contributed by Christina Simon, author of Beyond the Brochure: An Insider's Guide to Private Elementary Schools in Los Angeles. Check out her blog for ongoing advice on private elementary schools and parenting information.
Iverbe Sports Camp: Thanksgiving, Winter Break, Spring Break and Summer Camp
I can’t say enough great things about Iverbe Sports Camp at The Willows School in Culver City. For the past 5 years, my kids have enjoyed this outstanding camp. Iverbe is for kids who love sports (like my son) and for those who don’t like sports (like my daughter) the camp offers games, cooking, crafts like super-popular lanyards and other fun activities. It’s fun, safe and convenient with friendly, experienced counselors. Campers come from public and private schools all around L.A. Last year, Iverbe added a very popular Junior Camp for ages 3-4. The camp is run by Marc Weiss, The Willows School Athletic Director.
“Located in Culver City, California on the campus of The Willows Community School, Iverbe Sports Camp has state of the art facilities including exclusive use of a brand new gymnasium and multi-purpose courts as well as indoor classroom areas. McManus Park, located just 3 blocks from The Willows, is the site of all of our outdoor grass and field activities. Our camp program emphasizes sports while teaching fundamentals, cooperation, and sportsmanship.” Source: Iverbe Website.
- Thanksgiving Camp – November 21 – November 23 ($225/9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m, extended care available, snacks provided)
- Winter Camp – December 19 – December 30
- Spring Camp 2012 – March 26 – April 5
- Summer Camp 2012 – June 18 – August 10
Iverbe also offers an excellent soccer and football summer camp. (My son loves both these camps and will be back again this summer!) Ages 3-13.
The Willows Community School
8509 Higuera Street
Culver City, CA 90232
Latest posts by lauragerson (see all)
- Meet Cherry the Hamster, AKA Our Latest Family Member - August 24, 2014
- Permission to Parent: Excerpt from ModernMom - August 21, 2014
- Join Us for Our First #HealthyLiving Event - August 18, 2014